Online consultation hours at the International Office!
As of now the International Office offers online consultation hours to students on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. This is how you can reach us:
International students with general questions concerning life and studies in Stuttgart.
Students who want to study abroad.
We are looking forward to meeting you online!
The Department of International Student Services offers advice and support to international students, doctoral students, and guest lecturers on the following topics:
- Formalities before, during, and after the studies or the research period
- Social counseling, e.g. on questions about the German Aliens Act, family reunions, insurances, and the health care system, as well as advice in financial emergencies and personal problems
- Questions about living and studying in Germany, e.g. legal requirements, recreational activities, language courses, responsibilities within the University, regulations for change of degree programs
- Opportunities for intercultural exchange
- Scholarship opportunities
The advisory service is offered in German and English.
International students can benefit from the following offers:
- The international buddy progam ready.study.stuttgart
- Orientation programs at the beginning of the semester
- Integration programs during the studies: excursions, social activity program organized by local students, intercultural trainings, German language café, international "Stammtisch"
- Information evenings on legal issues (e. g. labor, law)
Offer for German and international students (with a good command of German):
- Training as a buddy for the international buddy program or the international student residence tutor program