Excluded pension periods

Everything you need to know about a request for excluded pension period confirmation.

In the event you de-registered during the past 5 years without going through the formalities, you first need to retroactively file the application for de-registration. Look for more information on de-registration and the related application form on the de-registration website.

The University of Stuttgart will then issue a Confirmation of Enrollment for submission to the mandatory pension insurance authority. For data privacy reasons, we must make your request in writing (sent via postal mail or fax) and signed by you.


If possible please use the Request for Excluded Pension Period Confirmation [de]. Alternatively you can send us an informal request as well.

To issue a Confirmation of Enrollment, we absolutely require your last name (or any other name used while studying), your first name, date and place of birth. Other data, including matriculation number, study program, time periods studied and date of termination of studies will make our work easier. Please also do not omit your current mailing address.

Please send your request to the Admissions Office: 

Universität Stuttgart
 - Rentenausfallzeiten -
Haus der Studierenden
Pfaffenwaldring 5c
70569 Stuttgart

The Admissions Office makes every effort to turn all requests around as quickly as possible. Nevertheless in peak times it takes us six weeks to process a case. Please do not inquire before that; it will only slow the process down.


This image showsAdmissions Office for Germans and Foreigners with German Education

Admissions Office for Germans and Foreigners with German Education

This image showsAdmissions Office for Foreign Nationals and EU Citizens

Admissions Office for Foreign Nationals and EU Citizens

To the top of the page