Preliminary information regarding the announcement of the Germany Scholarship (Deutschlandstipendium, DStip)
The next announcement of the Germany Scholarship (Deutschlandstipendium) will be open from January 10th, 2020 to January 23rd, 2020. It applies for the granting period from April 1st, 2020 until March 31st, 2021.
Here on this page, you will find the announcement as well as the application form from January 10th, 2020 until January 23rd, 2020 as downloads.
The Germany Scholarship is awarded for academic performance. Students of the University of Stuttgart can apply for about 150 to 200 scholarships. Besides marks above average, the proof of at least one additional criterion is required. These criteria can e.g. be met by extraordinary performance in subject-related or non-subject-related activities, commitment towards society, political, ecological or social projects and/or relevant personal circumstances and/or prices and/or notable career.
Applications have to be handed in in paper not later than January 23rd, 2020 at the Universität Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 5c, 70569 Stuttgart, or sent by mail (postmark not later than January 23rd, 2020).
For a successful application
For a successful application, you should hold the deadline, and meet the following criteria:
- Matriculation at the University of Stuttgart in summer term 2020.
- The final semester of your standard period of study must not be before the summer term 2020.
- Academic results above average and proof of at least one criterion (e.g. commitment for society, political, ecological or social projects) and/or relevant personal circumstances and/or prices and/or notable career.
- Proof, that you achieved the required number of credits for your subject-related semester.
- Meet the required minimum mark of your subject (all required marks will be published on this page as of January 10th, 2020).
- Applicants, who will be matriculated in their 1st semester of a Bachelor program in the summer term 2020, have to apply with their certificate of aptitude for higher education (e.g. Abitur, baccalaureat or equivalent).
- Applicants, who will be matriculated in their 1st semester of a Master’s program in the summer term 2020, have to apply with their bachelor grades.
- Applicants, who will be matriculated in a Bachelor program in winter term 2019/2020 and expect admission to a Master’s program for the summer term 2020, have to apply for the 1st semester of their chosen Master program. In this case, the Bachelor grades or the grades achieved until January 10th resp. January 23rd will have to be proved.
- Students, who are already granted a Germany Scholarship until March 31st, 2020, will have to re-apply.