Application deadline: March 15 (extended deadline July 15)
(for a stay abroad from September to July)
- Study abroad at a partner university worldwide, or writing a term paper or thesis at a non-partner university if there is a partnership between institutes, or study abroad in Europe within the framework of a double degree program.
- Stay at a partner university for a minimum of 3 months, up to a maximum of 11 months
- monthly partial scholarship of EUR 700 for bachelor and master students (usually 4 x EUR 700 for a one-semester stay, and 8 x EUR 700 for a two-semester stay)
- no tuition fees (due to tuition waiver via the exchange program)
- opportunities for networking with other scholarship recipients, participation in events of the Baden-Wuerttemberg Stiftung even after the financial support has ended
- Double funding: If you are already receiving another scholarship (i.e. monthly financial support) for the purpose of studying abroad, you cannot receive a Baden-Wuerttemberg STIPENDIUM at the same time (“double funding”). However, there is no double funding if
a) you receive a one-off payment for the purpose of the stay abroad, such as a travel grant or a free dorm place, or
b) financial support for your university studies in Germany continues during your stay abroad
- Students who receive a GRA (graduate research assistantship) from the host university are excluded from funding
- Within the framework of a double master's, a stay at a European partner university (e.g. Chalmers, Sweden) can also be funded
- In the context of an existing institute partnership, your stay at a European university can also be funded if your stay is not eligible for Erasmus+ and / or SEMP (Swiss-European Mobility Program)
- via the International Office; please submit your application to Babette Endrulat-Göhler
- If you have already submitted your application documents for an exchange program, all you need to do to apply for the Baden-Wuerttemberg SCHOLARSHIP is to hand in the completed application form
- Required documents, if not already submitted: Signed application form in the original, CV in English and German, letter of motivation in English, current academic transcript including the average grade and the number of CP earned so far, ranking certificate from the Examination Office, for master students additionally the grade of the bachelor’s degree; students who apply in the context of an institute partnership must submit an informal confirmation by their professor about the existing institute partnership in addition to the documents mentioned above.