Who may take Master's modules in advance?
Whether and to what extent you may take Master's modules in advance can be found in the examination regulations of your Bachelor's study program (tip: search for the term "master").
How can I register to take Master's modules in advance?
This procedure applies to all study programs except additional Master's teaching qualifications. If you wish to take Master's modules in advance for a teaching degree, please contact the contact person responsible for you at the Student Service and Examinations Office.
1. Application for all study programs
You cannot not register to take Master's modules in advance via your curriculum (i.e. not via the application "my study program"), but via the application "all study programs".
2. Here you select the corresponding degree Master of... and in it the master's degree program consecutive to your degree program, e.g. Master of Science Mechanical Engineering. You are now in the curriculum of your chosen Master's program.
You can now register.
How can I manage my registration?
You can manage your registration in the following ways, e.g.:
- Via the application "My Examination Dates"
- The easiest way to do this is to view the transcript of records, where your registered exam appears under the heading "Master's Modules Taken in Advance".
- You can also view your examination dates via "My Study Program", curriculum, in the "Examination Date" filter.
Master's modules taken in advance will not be credited to your Bachelor's study program, but to your Master's degree. You can find out more about this in the examination regulations.
For general information, please refer to the Registering for Examinations guide.
Student Service and Examination Office
Pfaffenwaldring 5c, 70569 Stuttgart
- Further information
- Please contact the Student Service and Examination Office via our contact form, phone or during our office hours (onsite or online).